Residence permit

Extra-EU citizens, planning to stay in Italy for more than 90 days, have to apply for the residence permit for study purposes. On the other hand, for a stay up to 90 days it is not necessary to apply for the residence permit.

Administrative support service for the residence permit request

The University of Torino provides foreign students or workers spending a period at the University of Torino with support  to obtain visa and the residence permit.

In case of the residence permit renewal or for its “conversion” (e.g. convert your residence permit for study reasons into a residence permit for work reasons), we advise you to contact the support service about 60 days before it expires.